Disney California Adventure is getting a major makeover and transforming Paradise Pier into “Pixar Pier.”
Disney is revealing plans in the massive overhaul, adding new restaurants, changing current rides and more.
With a scheduled completion expected in the summer of 2018, here’s what we know.
- California Screamin’ will become The Incredicoaster
- Mickey’s Fun Wheel will get new artwork, with each gondola representing a different Pixar character
- Near Toy Story Mania, a NEW Inside Out attraction will be installed (date unknown)
- Ariel’s Grotto and The Cove Bar will transform into a Pixar Bar & Lounge
- Paradise Gardens, Silly Symphony Swings, Jumpin’ Jellyfish, Goofy’s Sky School, Golden Zephyr and The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure will become part of new land called “Paradise Park”
To start, Pixar Pier will essentially have four “neighborhoods.” These neighborhoods will feature The Incredibles (Incredicoaster), Toy Story (Toy Story Midway Mania, Bullseye’s Boardwalk Games), Inside Out (new family-friendly attraction) and then a neighborhood featuring a combination of other Pixar favorites near Mickey’s fun wheel.
California Screamin’, Ariel’s Grotto, The Cove Bar, Mickey’s Fun Wheel, Games of the Boardwalk and Sideshow Shirts will all close on January 8th. The Cove Bar will re-open briefly in April before being shut down for a permanent transformation.
Pixar Pier openings are expected to coincide with Disneyland’s “Pixar Fest,” with a full completion expected in Summer 2018.