As Walt Disney World’s Incredible Summer approaches, loads of construction is happening at Animal Kingdom’s Dinoland.
The section of the park themed to a prehistoric carnival is getting a bit of love with new entertainment offerings this summer.
Donald’s Dino-Bash will transform the area of the park into a modern-day Camp Minnie Mickey. For those who don’t remember, Camp Minnie Mickey was located where Pandora – The World of Avatar now resides, and was a mecca for character meet & greets.
Old concept art shows Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Launchpad McQuack, Scrooge McDuck, Pluto and Chip & Dale together in what seemed like a dance party. Now, new concept art and current construction indicates each character will have brand new overlays (excluding Launchpad) and their own meet & greet location.
- Donald Duck – Welcome Center with logo in the backdrop
- Daisy Duck – Costume design area (where ranger Donald used to meet)
- Scrooge McDuck – Near Restaurantosaurus
- Launchpad McQuack – Hangar backdrop
- Goofy – Midway game backdrop
- Pluto – Boneyard
- Chip and Dale – Cretaceous Trail
Here’s a look at the current progress as of April 24th:
Donald’s Dino-Bash officially kicks off May 25th.