The NBA Experience is bringing some flair to Disney Springs this summer, with a number of exhibits coming to the location.
Both Walt Disney Imagineering and the NBA have been working together to create an experience with hands-on activities for basketball fans, as well as incorporate other types of ways to admire the game.
Highlights of the location include:
- Photo experience to simulate a guest being drafted to an NBA team
- Players can track and improve their jump shots & passing skills in a replication NBA Combine challenge, complete with a scouting report and highlights from their session
- An event where fans maneuver through a series of timed shots to aim for a high score
- A slam dunk scenario where fans can try to recreate historic dunks
- Ball-handling skill trainer & challenges
- Use an oversized slingshot to launch basketballs at hoops of varying heights, making as many shots as possible before the clock runs out in this thrilling timed challenge
- Exhibit to relive legacies and history of NBA and WNBA franchises
- Access a team locker room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players
- 25-player trivia game focusing on all types of basketball
- Two 180-degree cinematic presentations that showcase the in-arena experience moments before the start of the game, as well as special stories from the players’ perspectives
- Interactive multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games, using the tools at their stations to make the right calls
- Play interactive basketball games, from the fan-favorite Pop-A-Shot to modern video games
- Special retail store with exclusive NBA merchandise designed by Disney
The NBA Experience is expected to open in the summer of 2019.