One of the most iconic Disney Parks attractions, Haunted Mansion, is celebrating its 50th Anniversary at Disneyland this summer.
Disneyland is celebrating the feat with a a series of special events.
“The Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years of Retirement Unliving” after-hours events at Disneyland park will feature commemorative anniversary merchandise items, special food offerings, entertainment, character encounters, photo ops, and access to several west-side park attractions, plus a few surprises.
Here are the event highlights:
- Gather for a 13th Hour Celebration Kick-off moment along the Rivers of America. Madame Leota will make a special appearance to conjure up the ensuing party festivities, lovingly referred to as a “Swinging Wake.” Other supernatural surprises include a lively cavalcade of musicians, dancers and performers from beyond the grave.
- Re-create hauntingly fun moments and scenes from the attraction against themed backdrops. You’ll also receive unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos taken during the event.
- Enjoy event-themed food and beverages, in addition to other unique menu items available for purchase at select park locations.
- Mix and mingle with some of our dearly departed souls and otherworldly characters from the Haunted Mansion.
- Pay homage to 50 phenomenal years through themed décor as 999 tenants anxiously await their newest arrivals.
- Enjoy after-hours access to select attractions in New Orleans Square, Critter Country, Frontierland and Adventureland. Note: Select attractions will close early during the event.
- See and be seen while wearing attire inspired by your favorite happy haunts! Plus, limited-time Snapchat filters and event hashtags are great for pics posted on your social media feeds.
Here’s a preview of some of the merchandise that will be available:
There are two types of tickets guests can choose from:
Disneyland is imposing strict guidelines for the purchase of tickets:
When purchasing the event ticket, you will be allowed to purchase one (1) ticket per person, per event date, per transaction. You might wonder why, and it is due to the merchandise offerings that will be released in conjunction with the event which requires each ticketed event guest to have a unique registration ID.
You can buy tickets here starting May 23.