The Walt Disney Company is looking to hire people to work at Walt Disney’s World’s soon-to-open Disney Skyliner.
The property’s newest form of transportation will have a number of station locations throughout WDW including hubs at the parks and resorts.
On Disney’s job listing site, it has a description for what cast members will be required to do.
Disney Skyliner Cast Members bring the magic of the Walt Disney World Resort to life for our Guests. Disney Skyliner Cast Members are responsible for greeting Guests, loading and unloading cabins, monitoring and operating the gondola system, delivering narrations of varying lengths and providing audience control, while always ensuring our Guest and Cast Member’s safety.
- Flexible scheduling availability including first and second shifts, third shift if applicable, weekends, holidays, overtime and double shifts
- Part-Time roles require a minimum of THREE (3) days of FULL AVAILABILITY in order to be considered for this opportunity
- Must be at least 18 years of age for all available roles
- Must ensure the safety of all Guests and Cast Members
- Must be able to perform constant bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Must be able to grip, grasp, and lift from 5 to 25 pounds
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to push and pull up to 15 pounds
- Driver’s License required
- Problem Solving and Guest recovery skills
- Previous experience speaking in front of large groups or audiences
- Comfortable managing computerized ride operating system while being responsible for the safety of the Guests riding Disney Skyliner
- Experience working in Operations/Attraction style environments or other mass transportation
- Must be comfortable surrounded by large groups of people and working in enclosed spaces
- Clear, accurate, and attentive communication in person, on the phone and via radio
- Comfortable approaching Guests to offer assistance
- Ability to stand for long periods and climb stairs
- Basic computer skills to operate mobile devices and other computer systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow directions and maintain performance theming
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and adjust quickly to operational changes
- Ability to positively interact with Guests and fellow Cast Members
- Receptive to working in outdoor conditions with heat, humidity, cold, and all types of weather
- Comfortable with heights and with experiencing the Skyliner as a passenger while traveling from station to station
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Disney says some of the Disney Skyliner shifts may start as early as 5:00am and could end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
Cast members will be eligible for our new starting rate of $13.00/hour effective 09/29/2019.
Cast members can apply at Disney Careers.
The Disney Skyliner is set to officially open September 29.