Frozen 2 is off to a historic start at the box office, pulling in $127M in its opening weekend.
Not only did it top the box office, according to Fandango’s Editing Manager Erik Davis, here are other milestones:
- Best opening for an animated film in November
- 5th best November opening
- Nearly doubles FROZEN’s 3-day open ($67M)
- Pushes Disney past $3B in yearly grosses for 3rd time
- 4th best open ever for an animated film
Frozen 2 also set the record for biggest global opening for an animated film ever, making $350 million worldwide.