Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has been adamant about reopening the state’s economy at a gradual and cautious rate— but says its vital to return to normal.
In a press conference on Wednesday, he said the state would enter a new phase of reopening. Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Broward Counties are excluded from this plan due to their current coronavirus data.
Phase 1 of the “Safe. Smart. Step-by-step.” plan will begin Monday, May 4th.
- Schools remain distance learning
- Visits to senior living facilities are prohibited
- Elective surgeries can resume
- Restaurants may offer outdoor seating with proper social distancing practices and limiting to 25% capacity
- Retail can operate at 25% capacity
- No change for bars, gyms, hair salons and personal services
Movie theaters will also remain closed during Phase 1.
The state will monitor hospital bed capacity and positivity testing rate before entering Phase 2.
The Governor did not go into detail of future phases, just Phase 1.
As for Walt Disney World, it’s unknown if Disney Springs will reopen stores or restaurants at this time.