Walt Disney World is preparing for a major phased reopening, with some resorts opening on June 22, others at a later date and the parks ultimately reopening July 11th and 15th.
As questions run through the minds of Annual Passholders, parkgoers and vacationers, Disney is providing an update on what the resorts and dining experiences will be like upon reopening.
The Walt Disney World website has just updated with new information regarding future visits.
On June 22, select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen. These select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts include:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
Here’s what will be needed for resorts:
- Guests need a confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to link your reservation to your Disney account to receive important information prior to your arrival—visit My Plans to get started
- A confirmed dining reservation if you’re a day Guest (not staying overnight)
- Face coverings for each Guest age 2 and up—which must be worn in all public areas, except while swimming or seated for dining
- Planning to visit a theme park during your stay? Select Walt Disney World theme parks will begin to reopen on July 11. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required (a Disney Resort hotel reservation does not guarantee theme park access)
Also, it’s highly recommended to have:
- The latest version of the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, with location services and notifications enabled
- Cashless or contactless forms of payment, including MagicBands, which Disney Resort hotel Guests can use to charge purchases to their Disney Resort hotel folio
Hotel guest benefits:
- During the initial reopening period, some benefits may be modified or unavailable.
- Disney’s Magical Express® Service
Complimentary airport transportation via Disney’s Magical Express service will be available for Guests arriving and departing from Orlando International Airport.
- Many airlines have modified their flight schedules, so please confirm your flight information. If you plan to use Disney’s Magical Express service, contact your room reservation booking agent, or call (407) 939-1936 to make any updates to your flight information on file.
- FastPass+ Service
As a result of the COVID-19 impact, FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as we plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity for attractions and maintain physical distancing. With that in mind, access to FastPass+ planning is temporarily unavailable. We will share updates at a later date.
- Extra Magic Hours
The Extra Magic Hours benefit is unavailable until further notice.
- We’ve increased cleaning in high-traffic areas such as public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more.
- Prior to your arrival, your room will undergo thorough cleaning
High-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles
- Housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms
- Floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between Guests
Inside your room, you’ll find:
- Extra linens and towels wrapped in single-use packaging
- Individually wrapped glassware
- Double-cased pillows
- Additional items that have been cleaned and wrapped in single-use packaging
And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:
- Removal of trash and used towels
- Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
- Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
- Vacuuming if needed
- You can also decline every-other-day service
Please note that:
If you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member using your Membership to stay, you’ll receive service on the 4th and 8th days, unless you decline that service.
If there is more than one room on your reservation and you choose to decline service, your selection will apply to all rooms on the reservation.
We reserve the right to enter any room at a Disney Resort hotel for maintenance, safety, security or any other purpose, even if the Room Occupied sign is displayed on the room door. View Walt Disney World Resort Property Rules.
Learn more about housekeeping service.
Transportation and Parking:
Complimentary Resort Transportation
- Before the theme parks reopen, bus transportation will be available between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney Springs area.
- When the theme parks reopen, complimentary transportation will also be provided between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney theme parks.
- Transportation will operate with physical distancing measures in place, reducing capacity. As a result, you may experience delays.
Minnie Van Service
- Minnie Van Service will not be available during the initial reopening period.
- Self-parking will be available. Valet service is temporarily unavailable, with the exception of Guests with disabilities who may require parking assistance. A valid disability parking permit is required. Parking fees apply for Disney Resort hotel Guests.
Some Disney Resort hotel services will be modified or unavailable during the initial reopening period, based on physical distancing and health guidelines.
- Bell Services will deliver luggage to rooms, but will not escort Guests
- Club-level service will be temporarily unavailable
- Deliveries will only be made to occupied rooms
- In-room celebrations will not be available
- Dry-cleaning and valet laundry services will be temporarily unavailable; self-
- service laundry will remain available
- Shipping services will be temporarily unavailable
- Resort airline check-in service may be temporarily unavailable
Resort Amenities & Recreation:
- Select dining locations will be available at Disney Resort hotels.
- Learn about updates to dining experiences.
- Feature pools may operate with reduced hours; leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day
- Pools will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing
- Select poolside activities may be available at select Resort hotels
- Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas
Fitness Centers & Sports Courts
- Fitness centers will open in alignment with state and county regulations, and may have reduced hours
- Fitness centers may have reduced hours and capacity
- Instructor-led fitness classes will not be available
- Fitness and sports courts will be open, and Guests must maintain physical distancing
- Activities and schedules will vary. The schedule of activities for your Disney Resort hotel will be shared during your stay.
- In merchandise locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort, Guests will continue to discover favorite Disney items, with some modifications to the shopping experience that will help us manage capacity and foster physical distancing.
New Product Launches
- New collection product launches and limited-edition merchandise will not be available for in-person purchases at Walt Disney World Resort until further notice. As always, Guests can find these items on shopDisney, subject to availability.
- We will continue to offer Guests the opportunity to pin trade with Cast Members through the use of pin boards in select locations. Cast pin trading with lanyards will not be available at this time to maintain physical distancing.
- Package delivery to the front of our theme parks or to Disney Resort hotels will be suspended. However, shipping merchandise to Guests’ homes continues to be available.
- Dressing Rooms: For the time being, dressing rooms will not be available.
Returns: In-person returns will be available upon the reopening of our merchandise locations.
- Character experiences
- Dog parks
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Marina rentals
- Pin trading
- Spas, salons and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Additionally, the following special offerings and childcare services will not be available during the initial reopening:
- Fireworks voyages and tasting cruises, including the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
- Fun runs
- Wonderland Tea Party at Park Fare
- Hula lessons
- In-room childcare services
- Mermaid school
- Special classes and programs—including culinary, cultural and animal programs
Virtual Chat With a Resort Cast Member
- Beginning June 22, you can chat with a Resort Cast Member via the My Disney Experience app for assistance during your stay. This new feature will offer convenient support nearly anytime—so there’s no need to visit the Lobby or stand in line.