Orange County Florida Mayor Jerry Demings has just signed an executive order forcing anyone in the county to wear a face mask.
This order goes into effect June 20th and is part of an increased effort to prevent a second wave of coronavirus in Florida.
Here is who is exempt from the order:
- Persons under the age of two years old
- Persons for whom a face covering would cause impairment due to an existing
- Persons working in a profession who do not have any face-to-face interactions
with the public
- Persons working in a profession where use of a face covering will not be
compatible with the duties of the profession
- Persons exercising while observing social distancing in accordance with the
- This Order does not apply to employees and patrons of first response, government,
healthcare or medical, veterinarian, shelter or rehabilitation, childcare, utility
providers, construction, or transit agencies.
Mayor Demings is asking for the public to comply with the executive order.
The order will remain in effect until coronavirus until the State of Local Emergency expires or unless Mayor Demings rescinds it early.