Hollywood Studios is set to reopen July 15th and it will be extremely different than when it was last open in March.
With guests likely vying to ride top tier attractions like Slinky Dog Dash, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Disney is rolling out a new virtual queue system for one of the attractions.
There will be a new in-app feature for a virtual queue on My Disney Experience for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
According to Disney, guests will have an opportunity at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m. to request to join the virtual queue.
This means there is no need to arrive early to the park to check the virtual queue.
- First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
- Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Some guests may join backup groups.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, cast members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist. While you wait for your virtual queue group to be called, you can enjoy other experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios including our newest addition, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
Cast member previews happen the two days prior to the official reopening of Hollywood Studios, so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.